Sunday, May 23, 2010

Nursing Home Time?

ok so I took a sleeping pill last night to maybe try to get some sleep. Well that was a bad idea. I got three hours sleep then dad got up... every hour on the hour... falling twice. I mean really, he doesnt even know us anymore. I have to carry him around when he isnt fighting with us. I am so tired. I cant think straight. Maybe it is time for a nursing home. So I did some checking. there is only one Veterans Home in this state. Unbelievable. That is too far away. Now I need to think ... can we afford another nursing home? maybe home healthcare.. nope checked on that.. medicare doesnt pay for it. We are all tired here. This is way harder than I thought it was going to be. Dad keeps having TIA's which basically are mini strokes. So he is rapidly loseing movement. which is why i have to manouver and carry him around. The doctor says when and if the clost breaks loose he will have a massive stroke. The clot is in his neck... Now word of caution.. Go to doctors ... dont wait... what is happening to dad is cause of drinking and never going to a doctor. Most of this is self inflicted and could have been prevented. I have to go... dad pulled the phone line out this morning... I need to try to fix it... have a good one. Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment