Friday, April 30, 2010

Medicare Issues

So today I spent and ungodly amount of money on my parents medicines. It is unbelievable that they can live and work their whole life here and spend that much on medicines. Tell me where the medicare went? Why when I signed my father up for a supplemental insure that it didnt come with a perscription plan? Then I call and find out when I signed him up it wasnt the time for perscription sign up. He cant have a perscription plan until november and december of this year.

How can seniors survive on the pittence that the government gives them? I mean really, they would not make it on their social security if I wasnt here. And my parents worked their whole lives. What is our government doing with the social security they paid in? I need to research this stuff a little more. I have also found out there are no resources out there for seniors. Mom and Dad cant get food stamps because they get 50 dollars too much. What the heck is that? No wonder our seniors are eating canned pet food!

Now I know I'm not the only one out there that is mad about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment